Fresh Flour Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes – No Sugar
These fresh flour whole wheat banana pancakes have quickly become a favorite in our house. They rival and beat any other pancake recipe we ever thought was the best. It can be gluten-free. It can be dairy-free. Suggestions are below.
Ingredients (Makes ~14 pancakes – we double this recipe for our family of seven):
- 1 cup (125g) freshly milled whole wheat flour (Soft or Hard – We experimented with both and the difference is hardly noticeable). You could probably substitute a gluten free flour too and get excellent results. We will eventually, but if you do before us, comment here and let us know how they turned out!
- 1 teaspoon Aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 real eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup rice milk – or another milk. If you use dairy, we recommend grass-fed cows.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil – or melted grass-fed butter.
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (juice from about half of a small lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Redmond’s Real Salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Lightly butter a cool griddle or frying pan.
- Combine flour and baking powder and whisk to mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt until eggs are thoroughly beaten.
- Mash bananas using two forks in a bowl and mix in the mashed bananas to the liquid mixture. This mixture should stay chunky.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until thoroughly incorporated. The mixture will still have small chunks of bananas. You want these chunks.
- Heat the buttered griddle or frying pan to 300-325F. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan.
- Cook until the golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serve plain. This is how we feed them to our 14-month old son. They are delicious enough to eat this way too.
- Serve with fresh fruit such as cherries, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc.
- Serve with Real Grass-fed butter and Real Maple Syrup. A little bit goes a long way. Our favorite is Grade B.
- For an extra treat every once in a while, serve with Homemade Real Whip cream.
*Keywords: nutrimill, bosch, gluten free pancakes, gluten free pancakes, vegetarian pancakes, best panckae recipe, homemade pancake recipe, whole wheat pancake recipe, banana pancake recipe, no sugar pancake recipe