Real Food Central. We started this website to remind us all of the fundamental truth that real food is medicine. Every time you put something in your mouth, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.
I promise you this was the last thing we ever thought we would end up doing with our lives. I was a computer nerd and power plant engineer by trade and Carrie was a Registered Nurse turned stay-at-home mom. When Carrie was diagnosed with stage IV terminal cancer in April of 2013, our whole world turned upside down. Everything we thought we knew about food and nutrition, health and wellness, exercise and life changed. You can read the short version of Carrie’s story here. If you are suffering from diabetes, heart disease, obesity, auto-immune disease or another life-threatening disease, this lifestyle will help you tremendously. If you are suffering from thyroid problems, low energy, or even if you think your health is OK, this lifestyle is for you as well.
If you have cancer use this program and the information we recommend in this link.
Here is the lifestyle program. If you don’t understand something, contact us to find out.
As much as you want: (Items marked with * do not eat for the first 3 months of your healing plan unless permitted by your health coach)
- At least 16 ounces (at least 56 ounces for those healing from diseases or health conditions) of real juice per day (see our juicing tips here).
- Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- Conventional Fruits and Vegetables on the “Clean 15”.
- Homegrown fruits and vegetables using natural and organic practices.
- Purified water using one of the following technologies: Distilling, High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis, Berkey Water Filtration.
- Whole grain foods you make at home and know exactly what is in them.
- *Whole grain breads made from freshly milled flour (Gluten grains only if no gluten intolerance. Don’t assume you are intolerant. Get tested!)
- *Nuts, seeds (ensure they have no added oils or salt (unless it is sea salt))
- Organic Herbs and spices (especially Tumeric)
- *Real Eggs
- *Wild-caught fish (Salmon is the lowest in mercury content)
- Organic vinegars (raw with the mother preferred)
- Organic Coconut oil
- Organic Flax Oil
- Organic Olive oil
Use Sparingly: (Items marked with * do not eat for the first 3 months of your healing plan unless permitted by your health coach)
- *Dairy – if used, dairy from grass-fed cows is preferred (without hormones or antibiotics) and preferably not pasteurized.
- *Beef raised naturally (without hormones or antibiotics) on a ranch where they can eat a plentiful variety of natural landscape (grass).
- *Fowls of the air when necessary for food.
- *Poultry if truly free range and naturally raised (without hormones or antibiotics).
- *Other meats from beasts feeding on non-industry-produced feed such as: Deer, Elk, rabbit, squirrel, etc.
- Redmond’s Real Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Sweeteners in their most natural state such as: Local Raw Unfiltered Honey (Best choice), stevia, real maple syrup. (No more than 1 Tablespoon per day)
- *Tap water and bottled water (see number 5 of “As much as you want” for water from the preferred water to drink.)
Do not use: (These items tax your vital organs and inhibit your immune system from functioning optimally)
- A Microwave
- Refined sugars or Artificial sweeteners
- Refined grains
- Processed Foods
- GMO Foods
- Conventionally-farmed Fruit and Vegetables from the “Dirty Dozen”
- Pre-packaged or pre-made foods for convenience – frozen or otherwise. (There are very little exceptions here)
- Black Tea
- Carbonated beverages or soft drinks
- Other drinks you buy from the store (There are very little exceptions here)
- Marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.
- Many over the counter and doctor-prescribed drugs (NOTE: Do not discontinue doctor prescribed drugs without a doctor’s monitoring. See a Naturopathic Doctor as recommended here to help you.)
- Table salt or iodized salt.
Supplements to include with the program (Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor so you do not waste your money on supplements you do not need):
- Vitamin D3 (You can find out what your current level is by getting tested. A good online lab to use is here.)
- Vitamin B12 (You can find out what your current level is by getting tested. A good online lab to use is here.)
- Other B vitamins (You can find out what your current level is by getting tested. A good online lab to use is here.)
- Omega 3s
- Iodine, selenium and magnesium (You can find out what your current level is by getting tested. A good online lab to use is here.)
- Digestive Enzymes
Additional items to reduce your chemical exposure and increase immune system health:
- Try not to use sunscreen. (Use clothes or shade instead. Time your sun exposure and increase gradually as your skin permits.)
- Get sun to help your body produce it’s own Vitamin D (in moderation to prevent burning)
- Use a shower filter to filter out chlorine from water.
- Use all natural soaps
- Use all natural hygiene products
- Use all natural cleaning products
Other important factors to consider for wellness:
- Reduce the stress in your life. Read more here about how stress and fear can influence health.
- Be more spiritual (This also helps to reduce stress).
- Exercise your body to stimulate your toxin removal systems
- Sweat (through exercise, sauna, infra-red sauna) and make sure you replace those liquids by hydrating with high quality fluids.
- Get adequate rest.
The Real Food Lifestyle program is an adaptation from natural therapies from the following references:
- The Word of Wisdom
- Guidelines For General Nutrition From The Gerson Perspective
- The Hallelujah Diet.